About Clearview Primary
Clearview Primary is a decile 10, school in Rolleston, Canterbury. Its doors officially opened in Term 1 2010. Clearview prides itself on proactively creating a future focused modern learning environment that positively embraces change and prepares children for their future.
- is inclusive of and welcoming to students, families and the community (Whanaungatanga);
- creates a positive and supportive learning environment in every aspect;
- rewards effort and celebrates success;
- is innovative and future focussed;
- acknowledges the significance of the Treaty of Waitangi; and
- ensures that children’s learning and well being is at the heart of everything we do
Clearview Primary caters for approximately 800 students from Years 1 to 8.
There is a geographic zone with automatic right of enrolment and out of zone enrolments are subject to certain criteria including age, previous attendance, siblings and availability of space. Currently the Board is not accepting out of zone enrolments.
The community that surrounds the our primary school is diverse with a strong sense of family. There is great pride in the community. These characteristics encourage many couples and families to the area.
Typical features of the learning environment include meeting places for students, places where adults share wisdom with the young, private and secure places all designed with the needs of children, staff and parents in mind.
The entire site is fully networked with creative technology solutions. Garden spaces encourage a variety of learning experiences. The grounds of the school cover 3.5 ha of land. The design maximises usable outdoor spaces with plenty of shelter for the students.