Monday 15 February 2021 – Alert Level 2
Kia ora Parents / Caregivers / Whanau,
Back to Level 2 we all go, but hopefully not for long!
Like many of you, this evening I watched the live media conference with the PM and learned that Auckland will move to Level 3 and the rest of Aotearoa NZ will move to Alert Level 2 from Monday until Wednesday. We are ready for this and have plans already underway to implement our Level 2 health procedures. A couple of quick messages from the Ministry of Education include:
- All children and young people can continue to attend their early learning and school site for on-site learning at Alert Level 2.
- Public health advice is that schools, early learning services and tertiary institutions are safe to open onsite at Alert Level 2 to all learners.
- The only exceptions are children or young people who are sick and have any COVID-19 symptoms, are in isolation, or are awaiting the result of a COVID test are required to remain at home.
- We people need to play it safe and continue to take sensible health and safety precautions.
- We will be implementing a high focus on hygiene practices – our students and staff are used to this.
- We respectfully request that parents stay off-site and only come into our school grounds if you need to.
- Should you need to enter our school grounds, we will have contact tracing registers at each entry point into our school. WE RECOMMEND THE USE OF OUR ‘COVID-19 CHECK-IN’ FEATURE OF OUR SMARTPHONE APP for this.
He waka eke noa – we are all in this together.
Thank you very much for your support with this 🙂
Take care and kind regards,